Waco TX Flea Control
855bugs.com is the first choice for flea control in Waco TX. We know that when fleas make their way into your home that they need to be taken care of safely and quickly. You want your home to get back to normal as soon as possible.
Our customers often ask us how they can confirm that what they are suspecting are fleas, are indeed fleas. We usually are able to confirm flea identification over the phone, but other customers prefer that we perform a free inspection to confirm their flea infestation.
Adult fleas are small (approximately 1/8th of an inch), wingless insects. They are dark brown in color and have a flattened body. One of the giveaways for identification is their ability to jump.
855bugs.com can help guide you through a flea control inspection, but most customers prefer us to take advantage of our free flea control inspection. Before starting an inspection for fleas, it is important to get a flashlight. We begin our inspection by asking our customers where their pets spend their time. These areas will not get all of our attention, but will earn a lot of our focus for our treatment strategies.
Flea Control Process
855bugs.com’s Flea Control Process includes helping talk our customers through preparation. Success hinges upon a few small components that need our customers’ involvement.
Before the Treatment
- Vacuum carpet, rugs, and furniture. Dispose of the vacuum bag or dump its contents into a sealed trash bag.
- Clear all floors, including closets. Sweep all concrete floors. Mop all tile and vinyl floors.
- Remove all pillows, pet food, water dishes, children’s toys, and any decorative items. Often overlooked, but please make sure to remove items under furniture and beds.
- Remove pets. The day that we come for service, is a great day to take your pet to the vet for a flea treatment. Cover and turn off the pump on all aquariums.
- Wash or dispose of pet bedding.
- Mow your lawn, and pick up any loose items on the lawn.
During the Treatment
- Show us where your pets sleep, eat, and rest.
- Be ready for you and your family (pets included) to be away from the property for three hours
After the Treatment
- When you return, an 855bugs.com Technician will leave a paper towel for you to step on while wearing socks. This is the last area treated. If it is wet, then return in another hour. We don’t want you to slip, and we don’t want you to remove any of the treatment by walking on it.
- Wait a day, then begin vacuuming two times per week for two weeks.
- It is normal to see adult fleas for up to three weeks after the treatment.
Flea Control Tips For Homeowners
Homeowners can lower the risk of flea infestations by keeping their pets protected using dips, collars, or pills. Keeping stray animals off of your property will help reduce the risk of a flea outbreak. Also, The more that the homeowner vacuums, the sooner that they’ll see the fleas go away.
Get Rid of Fleas Today!
Call 254-235-2847 to take advantage of our free inspection for flea control in Waco TX.